Monday, September 14, 2009

Wall Paint Honey Beige

The specter of Hiroshima


Discuss Hiroshima is to talk about a sad chapter in the history of our humanity, not alone because there have been many events just as stormy, but perhaps most upsetting is that many of people who managed sibrevivir of this cataclysm, are still suffering through the memory, the marks of the wounds and constant health problems that must endure the effects of the bombs and radiation. Therefore, I decided to place the testimony of a person who managed to visit the museum to be built at that place as history shows the horror of what happened there and I'm sure many would come into sanity if they saw As shown in that building.

In my case it was necessary to go there and see what my eyes would observe safe, I just what this visitor to the museum tells the following letter:


"I was in Hiroshima last April, and what I saw there did not erase from my memory the time or forgotten.

To First, when you get there you find a gray city. Modern, but both have been rebuilt hastily denotes not many years ago.

When I reached the area where the bomb detonated 600 meters, what most caught my attention like everyone, was the top of the pump. A building designed to be the prefectural center, of which there are only a few main walls intact, because the bomb exploded above him, and could withstand the pressure vertically. However, what most stands out from the building, is undoubtedly the metallic skeleton dome that crowned, which was evaporated on the spot.

Next to the building, information panels explain how everything happened in Japanese and English. There, I have to admit I had to put up with tears at the sight of an elderly American clearly crying before macabre reminder.

But the worst was not that, far from it. After seeing the building, my brother and I went to the peace museum (funny name for a museum that has witnessed one of the episodes Dante who has lived most of humanity).

The journey was not too pleasant, the day was gray, accompanied by an incessant drizzle that was falling lightly, but surely. There was a deathly silence, broken only occasionally by the cawing of the crows, or the tolling of a bell.

Upon arrival at the museum we were pleasantly surprised to discover that possession of equipment to follow the explanations of each place narrated in English.

At the beginning of the visit the first thing you show the effects of large-scale pump, with a couple of demos of what the city before and after the blast, aerial photographs, and other paraphernalia on Ilustrarte how great was the devastation.

Hell coming next. By following the visit, the exhibition was becoming more grim, there you can see for example the wall with the shadow of the man who vanished at the moment of the explosion.

a wall of concrete on which are fixed pieces of glass, which is projected to kilometers of distance across everything in its path until a solid wall that could stop them.

However what horrified me most was a life-size diorama depicting a mother and her two children moments after the explosion. That was a window into hell. Everything was on fire and in the midst of unbearable heat, walking blind because they had melted eyes. Their skin was falling in tatters as could be eaten as they walked inside.

There had to look away. He was unable to watch the scene over a couple of seconds at the headphones while I described the conditions that were experienced after the carnage.

my brother But the opposite happened. The vivid image that will impact both froze in front of the diorama, unable to look away from him, as if possessed by fear.

From this point, we begin to ease the transition, practically skipping the rest of the exhibition, which showed personal belongings of the victims, describing how they died.

just my mental state would not let me see him because he was still almost in shock by what he had seen.

Only I look for on a few things, among which I remember vividly the tricycle for a toddler, and another flip-flop, which had been marked in the shadow of his foot to have evaporated instantly.

Here ended the visit because we miss almost half of the museum. We could not see more.

Upon leaving, my brother and I walked back the peace park towards the main street to return to the station, we walked about half an hour without saying anything, we could not talk.

After a while, and not without effort, all I could achieve was to deliver a proposition to go for a drink, to which my brother but nodded.

to know this will seem more of a dramatization, but really, I can assure you that's how I remember roughly what I experienced that day.

I have certainly not visit again if there is no pressing need, but I have something else clear as well:

I sincerely believe that everyone should go there at least once in life, to live what I lived, and feel what I felt.

I think what I experienced there is something that in some way or another has made me change my point of view on many things ... "


* Translation of this letter in Inglés click here



0 comments:

Post a Comment